... A Distinctively Different Approach
At Nexus Group, our objective is to bring buyers and sellers together, and close successful transactions. It all starts with a no-cost, confidential consultation where we discuss your business and how we can help you find buyers that match your company’s culture. By listening first, and then responding with multiple options, we focus on you, the seller.
Knowing The Buyers Is Only The Tip Of The IcebergCompleting the “average” deal typically involves an investment of resources by Nexus Group that results in . . .
- 500 to 1,000 man hours
- 200 to 500 phone calls and emails
- A client file with nearly 2 feet of detailed documentation
- Drafting and reviewing hundreds of emails
- Facilitating and participating in dozens of conference calls (that, fortunately, don’t all need to involve clients)
- Discussing the agency’s profile with potential acquirers
- Interfacing with a cadre of internal transaction experts on the other side of the table dedicated to doing a good deal for the buyer
- Spending 30 to 50 hours or more to prepare a single confidential Business Review
- Forwarding Business Reviews to interested and qualified parties
- Investing 20 to 30 hours of research to identify 90%+ of the pool of potential buyers
- Interfacing with all of the outside advisors of both the buyer and the seller
- Reviewing and responding to the versions of constantly changing EBITDA proformas and their varying assumptions
- Handling, reviewing, negotiating, and checking for accuracy and intent in all offers and final purchase documents
We Work Hard To Meet Your Needs
Nexus Group team members work diligently to perform a wide variety of tasks that are integral to completing transactions. Our primary transactional services include:
Keeping the Deal Alive
We constantly communicate and update both sides of the transaction. We also coordinate important meetings, conference calls and other necessary contacts.
In short, we keep the process steadily moving forward so that the #1 deal killer is
kept at bay . . . TIME!
We research all potential buyers and the idiosyncrasies of their deal structures. Knowing who is an active buyer is only the starting point. The challenge lies in deciding how they all fit into the process.
To minimize seller stress and potential negative effects, we analyze agency problem areas early.
Coordinating and Organizing
We help clients organize all of their detailed financial and legal data. We keep track of this information, analyzing and updating it as needed. In short, we act as a clearing house for information communicated to potential buyers, thereby saving precious client time and resources.
We decide which buyers to personally contact at the partner level after pre-marketing our clients by phone.
By becoming a client advocate, we prevent transaction issues from interfering with on-going employment relationships. We become the "fall guy" and vigorously protect what is rightfully due our client.
We handle buyer objections and negotiate and re-negotiate the best possible terms and price valuation. We use quantitative, market-based values and other criteria to unlock “hidden” value in your agency.